Breaking the Bamboo Ceiling: A Workshop On Women's Leadership and Career Mapping
6pm: Check-in / networking (refreshments provided)
6:20pm: Breaking The Bamboo Ceiling - Facilitated by Julie Ha Truong
7:50pm Final Announcements
Breaking the Bamboo Ceiling: Women's Leadership and Career Mapping Workshop
Create a safe place for women to talk about their career goals and think outside the box for what they really want to do.
Workshop: This unique interactive workshop is a place for women professionals to share, learn, and grow together; facilitated by Julie Ha Truong of Envision Consulting, who specializes in leadership and recruiting. The session will have us reflecting on our career experiences and working together to map out steps for the future:
- Share stories and identify your strengths, find connections and consider opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Hear from individuals with-in and across industries, and those who have career pivoted
- Explore with peers your career and leadership interests/goals and ways to advance (skill building + people connecting)
- Discuss our experiences as Asian American women and identify avenues to break through the bamboo ceiling
- Consider different leadership roles: job promotions, community/civic leadership, board roles, etc.
1. Navigate to 930 Fremont Ave., Alhambra, CA to get to the North Lot 24hr Visitor parking garage (adjacent to LA Fitness).
2. Follow the orange arrow on the map, it will bring you to Building A10 from the parking garage, and you can take any elevator to the 4th Floor.
3. On the 4th Floor, there will be a side door near the Men’s restroom that you can use to enter our suite. The event will be held in Classroom D/E
4. Parking validation will be provided.
About Julie Ha Truong:
Julie brings 20 years of experience spearheading a number of successful and award-winning initiatives. In these roles, she's lead complex cross-stake holder initiatives as well as worked with diverse leaders across many industries. Ms. Truong has dedicated her career to supporting leaders through transformational change. As a Principal at Envision Consulting, she is a highly sought after consultant, trainer, facilitator, recruiter, and coach. Julie holds a Masters of Public Policy in Management and Leadership, teaches at American Jewish University, is a CNM Certified Coach, and can speak conversational Chinese.
About the California Institute of Advanced Management (CiAM):
CiAM aims to provide practical management and leadership education accessible to all. Applied management theory is exhibited in the curriculum through student consulting projects for real companies. By incorporating the “Management as a Liberal Art” concept throughout the curriculum, CiAM hopes to build social change through practice of responsible leadership.
A student would come to CiAM because they are looking for an affordable MBA, who prefers experience, small class sizes, personal attention, flexibility and cares about responsible management. A student can earn their MBA in Executive Management and CiAM has the following concentrations: Project Management and Business Analytics.